El Paso Felony Defense Lawyer
Felony Offenses & Penalties in Texas
A felony is the most serious type of criminal offense a person may be accused of committing. In Texas, felonies are punishable by imprisonment in a state penitentiary and heavy fines. While specific penalties will vary depending on the classification of the offense and any aggravating or mitigating factors, the most serious felony convictions may be met with the death penalty. Third DWI offenses, robbery, repeat domestic violence offenses, drug trafficking, and murder are examples of felonies.
In Texas, felonies are classified and penalized as follows:
- Capital felonies, punishable by death or by life in prison without the possibility of parole.
- First degree felonies, punishable by 5 to 99 years in prison and fines of up to $10,000.
- Second degree felonies, punishable by 2 to 20 years in prison and fines of up to $10,000.
- Third degree felonies, punishable by 2 to 10 years in prison and fines of up to $10,000.
- State jail felonies, punishable by 180 days to 2 years in state jail and fines of up to $10,000.
Have you been accused of a felony? Call (915) 800-8201 immediately to speak with a seasoned El Paso criminal defense lawyer. Rafael C. Morales, Attorney at Law can fight for your freedom!
Over a Decade of Criminal Defense Experience to Challenge Your Felony Charges
An investigation, arrest, or charge involving a felony will require the immediate intervention of a proven El Paso felony defense attorney such as Rafael C. Morales. Our firm’s founder has over a decade of legal experience and has only worked in criminal defense, never as a prosecutor. He has taken over 50 criminal cases to trial and has handled hundreds more. Mr. Morales has truly honed his skill as a defense attorney and can take on even the most challenging felony cases.